E-learning is considered the new form of the traditional learning process in the modern era.
Especially after the pandemic situation of corona virus in 2020, which has brought it into the spotlight because of its usefulness and convenience for us.
It became necessary to find alternative and modern methods for the continuation of the educational process using technological techniques. Therefore, countries have resorted to e-learning as a temporary solution instead of face-to-face education.
Hence, the need for the importance of online training; and the need to develop technical skills for both trainers and trainees is increasing. In addition, working on developing their expertise in dealing with applications, computer programs, and everything new in the world of technology and the internet.
E-learning allows trainers to create a complete course supported by images, videos, and illustrations. All these tools will make it easier for learners to understand the learning material, which is followed by a test at the end of the course.
E-learning allows the trainer to create a complete course supported by images, videos and illustrations, which in turn will make it easier for students to understand the learning material, followed by a test at the end of the course. This is to evaluate the level of trainees and their understanding of the content of the course.
Today, we will take about the extreme effects of the impact of e-learning on the educational process in general and the students in particular.
The advantages of E-learning:
- Ease of use of educational platforms, providing an interactive environment and various tasks directed to the teacher and the student.
- The ability to communicate with the teacher at any time, through the educational platform or communication applications.
- Constant updating of the content of the training courses to keep pace with scientific and technological developments.
- Get instant feedback from the teacher.
- An easy way to learn for those who are late for the school curriculum.
- Facilitating the educational attainment of people with special needs.
- Avoid the problem of large numbers of learners.
The Positive Effects of E-Learning
A lot of us miss the traditional way of learning, miss the schools, our teachers, and meeting friends. But on the other hand, we have to admit that online learning has the ability to deliver information in a smooth and organized manner.
So, what are the positive effects of distance education that teachers, parents, and students have noticed on themselves and their scientific lives?
- Develop students’ technological skills.
- Having self-motivation to keep learning.
- Create a spirit of research and knowledge of all new.
- Using effective methods in the educational process and away from traditional methods.
- Enable the teacher and the learner to choose the appropriate time and place to carry out the educational process.
- Get more opportunities like scholarships.
- Reducing the usual tuition costs, which may be stressful for parents.
The Negative Effects of E-learning
On the other hand, online learning has negatives that may have had an impact on the teacher and the student alike. There are some of them:
- Lack of social contact
Communication between students occurs via chat rooms, electronic discussion boards, e-mail, or video clips. However, all these means do not replace the usual direct personal communication, which led to a lack of social communication skills.
- Low interpersonal skills
Online learning negatively affects the student’s personal skills’ development due to the lack of direct communication. In addition, some may find it difficult to interact with people and make social relationships. Also, they might feel isolated because they do not engage in social activities.
- Off-line connection
Online learning required several tools, including a computer, and a permanent connection to the internet with high-quality speed. Any malfunction in these tools will stop the educational process and cause delayed students to catch up with the others.
- Feel Bored
Most little students lose their concentration after 10 minutes of sitting, so they start feeling bored too quickly. Where most students follow their lessons from the same room and in the same place on the computer for hours without enough movement to rejuvenate the body and mind.
- Failure to meet individual student needs
Many students, especially in the basic stages, need care and attention from the teachers educationally and psychologically. After all, the communication via screens negatively affected the depth of the relationship between teachers and students.
The student is not able to clearly communicate his/her feelings through the screen. Thus, the teacher’s influence on building the personality of his students and developing their life skills is weak.
In short, In conclusion, despite the positive and negative effects of e-learning mentioned, it must be recognized that online learning has become the reality of the current era. Therefore, we recommend taking every reason to adapt it to both students and experts who design the courses.
We must move forward in the educational process, regardless of the different ways and means of transportation. In addition to working to reduce the negatives and take advantage as much as possible of what technology allows for the development and continuity of the educational process.